Australian Railway Models have announced their next 38 class loco – 3830, due 2nd Quarter 2023.
3830 was built by Eveleigh Locomotive Workshop in 1949 and was the last of the C38 locomotive class to be produced. It was also the last passenger locomotive to be designed and built by the New South Wales Government Railways.
Following the completion of the standard gauge line between Melbourne and Albury, the Spirit of Progress could run from Melbourne to Sydney. In April 1962 locomotives 3830 and 3813 became part of the Spirit of Progress, with steam engines used to celebrate the final run of broad gauge and the inaugural run of the standard gauge service.
3830 was withdrawn from service in October 1967 and is one of only 4 C38 locomotives that were not scrapped.
The model will feature:
• “Spirit of Progress” name plate on front of loco
• Detailed cabin interior including floating foot plate
• Separately applied body detailed parts
• Accurately reproduced motion mechanisms
• Realistic mechanical mechanisms
• Authentic knuckle style coupler
• Dual position drawbar for close tender coupling
• H0 Gauge (1:87) & DCC Ready (8 Pin)
Expected arrival is 2nd quarter, 2023. Retail price will be $299.
You can pre-order yours at Hobbyland for $50 deposit, with the balance payable when the model arrives in store.
Follow the link to place your order.